Now you can use a Screensaver to Turn Off Monitor and control what happens when your Computer is left inactive or idle. A Screensaver designed specifically to save electricity is offered in this post and explores other possibilities to fully control Power of your Windows Computer. This Screensaver also allows you to Shutdown or Hibernate your Windows Computer when and if the Computer is left inactive or idle without any Human User Input with the help of Mouse or Keyboard.
The above Screenshot displays Settings of a Screensaver which has been configured to run after 15 minutes in inactivity and has been configured to Turn Off Monitor. Use Change Screensaver on Windows 10 to understand how you can change active Screensaver on Windows 10 and on other Windows versions similar procedure can be followed to change active Screensaver. Note that from Screensaver settings, other given below options are available for selection to control Power of your Computer’s Monitor and the Power State of your Windows Computer.
- Turn Monitor Off to Turn Off Monitor whenever Screensaver is Automatically or manually launched.
- Show Blank Screen to display a Black Screen covering your whole Desktop. This option does not Turns Off Monitor but instead displays a Black Screen only.
- Log Off Signed User to Logout from active Windows Session only when there is no unsaved document or application preventing Log Off of signed on user..
- Log Off Signed User (Brute) logs out signed on user and forcibly close any unsaved documents or applications preventing Log Out. Note that using this option in the Screensaver can cause Unsaved Data loss on Inactive or Idle Computer.
- Lock Workstation will Lock Windows Computer which can be manually done by pressing Windows Key + L Key combination.
- Hibernate Computer send the Computer into Hibernation Mode for power saving. Monitor(s) connected to the computer are also Turned Off Automatically and Computer can be brought back to active state by pressing any Keystroke.
- Shutdown Computer shuts down computer if there is no unsaved data in any application.
- Shutdown Computer (Brute) shuts down computer forcibly respective of whether there is any unsaved data or not.
This Screensaver is available as a Free Download and requires a registration fees of $5.00 after trial usages have been used. You can use this Screensaver on any Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8 or Windows 7 Computer running on either 32 bit or 64 bit architecture. Download this Screensaver to control your Idle Windows Computer. The downloaded setup install the Screensaver in appropriate directory and opens up the Screensaver settings for you to select the action to be taken by the Screensaver whenever it is launched by Windows. As the Screensaver does not keeps on running, it does not consumes CPU cycles and RAM when it is not actively working.
When you do not want to wait for Screensaver to be launched and want to Turn Off Monitor instantly, you can create a Desktop Shortcut to Turn Off Monitor. Yes other Computer Power control Shortcuts can be created with advanced options like audible alert, confirmation screen and option to add the Desktop Shortcut to Right Click Menu of Desktop. With the Screensaver mentioned above, you can save power of your idle Windows Computer and manage unattended Windows Computers easily. On the other hand Desktop Shortcuts offer full control of your Computer’s Power as and when required.